Monday, January 14, 2013

The Blue Shoe Connection

   I have been wanting a pair of blue sneakers for a while, ever since my mom sent me this:

Note my mom wrote. 

My startlingly accurate depiction of two blue shoes.
   So, as the letter says, my mom was imaging blue shoes hanging from a clothing line just as I was drawing a picture of blue shoes hanging from a clothing line. We have a blue shoe connection! This connection inspired my desire to have a pair of blue shoes. So when I was at the thrift store and found a pair, I felt extra lucky! I would have liked these even if I had not had my heart set on blue shoes. And to find something at the thrift store that I have actually been looking for is rare. I find all sorts of neat and interesting things at thrift stores, but if I go thrift store shopping with something in mind I do not usually find it. Here are my blue shoes:




   The shoelaces I got from an etsy shop called greygirl707. I'm pretty sure this shop has lots more strawberry shoelaces. The strawberries could also pass as apples or tomatoes if you'd prefer.

5 comments :

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It sounds as if the blue show connection was serendipitous.

Mom said...

I don't know if you remember my blue shoes back in 1988. They also had shoelaces with strawberries on them. Very similar to yours!
Love, Mom

Amber @ Fauna Finds Flora said...

Keith, yes- the blue shoe connection was serendipitous! and Mom, yes, I thought so but I was not positive.

Mohala Johnson said...

What a great story, and I absolutly love the blue shoes.

Amber @ Fauna Finds Flora said...

Thanks Mohala!