Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

  It is Christmas time! Hooray!

   Here are some pheffernusses my Dad and Mom made. Pheffernusses are a German Christmas cookie made with delicious spices such as cloves and cinnamon. Pheffernusses means peppernuts. They are very tasty!

Here are some Christmas cookies I made and decorated. They are sugar cookies with colorful icing and sprinkles.



  David and I did not have a tree topper for our tree so I made a moon out of paper mache. I made a moon because I like moons but also because I felt like being cheeky and contrary since most trees are topped with stars.




    I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

6 comments :

Autumn Elixe said...

What a pretty Xmas tree - love all the shiny colors. And the moon is a unique topping to the evergreen. You mentioned earlier that you wanted to make a paper mache moon for your tree and you did it. Are you going to do a tutorial on how to make a paper mache moon? Your colorful Xmas cookies are making my mouth water. Merry Xmas to you and a happy 2013. Autumn Elixe

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Amber I hope you had the Merriest of Christmases :)

Amber Fauna Finds Flora said...

Autumn Elixe- Thanks! I don't think I will do a tutorial on it because I did not take pictures of the various steps throughout making it. Maybe in the future I'll do a tutorial on a some other paper mache project.
Keith- Thanks! I hope you did too!

Sheryl Hastings said...

Well, I think the kitty loves your tree topper and why not? I think it's cute and creative.

I hope you had a great Christmas and best of luck to you and your family in 2013!

Kelly Bermudez said...

Yum! I would love to try those cookies:) Happy New Year!

Amber Fauna Finds Flora said...

Sheryl- Thank you very much! My cat Mue Mue is always curious about anything new in the house. I hope you had a great Christmas too.
Kelly- Thank you for the comment! I had fun making these cookies. But I also had fun eating them and ate too many cookies this holiday season. Happy New Year to you too.